"Studying health and social care has taught me the importance of communication, health & safety, equality & diversity. What I enjoy about the course is that we research interesting topics which teaches us the basis of health and social care needed for the future."
What I enjoy about the course is that we research interesting topics which teaches us the basis of health and social care needed for the future.
Health and Social Care (Blended)
- Year 1 & 2
50% exam; 50% coursework
- Exam board
OCR (Cambridge Technical - Single Diploma)
What Will You Learn?
If you are considering a career in the NHS, social care or teaching, this course is an excellent choice. You’ll develop the skills required to build positive relationships with your service users and learn about the concepts of equality and diversity, which could impact on their lives. You’ll also study anatomy and physiology, infection control and physiological disorders, giving you an insight into the diagnosis, treatment and management of common diseases.
- Unit 1: Building Positive Relationships in Health and Social Care
- Unit 2: Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Unit 3: Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Unit 5: Infection Control
- Unit 14: The Impact of Long Term Physiological Health Conditions
As part of this course, a range of work experience placements will be organised for students. Possible settings include hospitals, care homes, nurseries and schools. Students will carry out the work experience throughout the year and reflect on this through their studies.
Where Will This Lead?
- Career and HE destinations
- Adult Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Social Work
- Paramedic Science
- Psychology/Sociology/Law/Early years degree
- Employment in the adult social care or childcare sectors