Digital Production, Design & Development (T Level)
- Year 1
67% Exams; 33% Project
- Year 2
- Exam board
What Will You Learn?
This T Level course is designed to help you gain the skills you need and to prepare you for the digital sector. You will study the skills needed to develop software and apply programming skills to solve problems. In the first year, you will sit exams and look at an employer set project to test your skills and in the second year, you will develop a full software project using your newly learned skills.
- Problem Solving – You will solve complex problems and use computational thinking to master the human race's biggest digital problems.
- Introduction to Programming – You will study Python in the first year. Over the two year course, you will become a competent programmer, able to tackle the most advanced problems.
- Emerging Issues and Impact of Digital – You will learn how technology has impacted upon the world, from ethics of big digital giants to how we handle our E-Waste.
- Legislation and Regulatory Requirements – Legislation impacts on our day to day conduct. We look into a number of breaches in the digital sector.
- Business Context – You will examine how digital businesses thrive and survive on the domestic and international stages.
- Data – As all devices are now producing massive amounts of data and the world is glued to the internet, we look at where that data goes and how we handle big data.
- Digital Environments – In this section, you will look at networks and cloud environments and what happens when it all goes wrong.
- Security – Cyber security is fundamental to keeping us safe online. We look at the risks and threats faced by us everyday.
You will utilise the skills gained on the course on a fantastic nine week industry placement.
We have partnered with some amazing digital companies across Greater Manchester, to offer students the very best placements.
Where Will This Lead?
T Levels come with UCAS points, so students can go onto Higher Education courses or you have the choice of an apprenticeship. With the industry experience you will gain, there is also an option for moving straight into the world of work.