Mission Statement & Values
OSFC has a clear Mission, which is reviewed annually. It has not been drastically reworked since the College’s inception and underpins all aspects of the College’s work.
To give our students an outstanding education, so they can lead purposeful and successful lives.
At OSFC, we believe the British values are best promoted through a strong college community, which is founded on a set of core values.
We want our students…
- To have as broad a range of opportunities as possible to develop their knowledge and skills
- To be successful in all areas of their lives in college and fulfil their aspirations for the future
- To develop a passion for education and have fun in their learning
- To play a full part in our community and celebrate our diversity and inclusivity
At Oldham Sixth Form College, we are dedicated to the fundamental British values, which promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our students and of society. We believe our commitment to these values enables our students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence. We aim to embody the fundamental British values below, in all of our work across the College.
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.