Put the sweet potoatoes, onions, red pepper and cumin into an oven proof bowl and pour over the olive oil. Put the sweet potato in a large roasting tin with the peppers, red onions, tomatoes, whole garlic cloves and chilli; season and toss with the olive oil. Leek and potato soup is my favourite soup, Love the look of this recipe. prep the vegetables by cutting them into small pieces and place them on a tray in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. 's West African Red Bean and Sweet Potato Stew. Add the amount stipulated in this red lentil, tomato and coconut soup. 2 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Heat the oil in a large, lidded saucepan over a medium-high heat. Courgette and houmus is my favourite vegan soup. Add the sweet potatoes, carrots and pepper and cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Transfer the contents of the … … 2. The sweet potato I used was of the pale variety, but I'm sure it would taste delicious with an orange sweet potato. Top pepper soup recipes. Onions are a humble vegetable packed with vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Spray some FryLight into a saucepan and add the onions, cook them until they soften. Stir roasted red pepper and sweet potato in a large pot over medium high heat. This website earns income from ads, affiliates, and sponsorships. It is packed with Vitamin C and is really good for you. The secret to getting the maximum amount of flavour into sweet potato and red pepper soup is to roast the vegetables in the oven first. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab69265037dce8e38dc7aa1a6c27f38f" );document.getElementById("ece2f5cdf2").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add the coriander and cook for 1 minute. This way, you can really think about how you plan to eat this healthy recipe. Chop the onion into 8 equal sized cubes. Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup . I never used sweet potato before but I will defenitly use it in more of my dishes. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 35 minutes. Find creamy red pepper soup recipes, as well as easy soups made with yellow peppers, roasted peppers and even chilli peppers. In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Then, add the garlic, roasted red pepper and sweet potato & onion mixture. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy The garlic breads that you recommended with the soup was also a big succes. My fav vegan soup is courgette and cumin – tastes so great and is really easy to make, Squash and red pepper soup is my favourite. Stir in the garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. This curried butternut squash and apple soup is also an excellent example. Sweet Potato and Poblano Pepper Soup Melt the butter in a large saucepan. This smoky sweet potato and red pepper soup is smooth and satisfying. Peel and dice the sweet potato. Eliza Acton’s vegan mulligatawny is amazing. Dice the above ingredients and the red pepper and parsley. Roast bell peppers until blackened all over: Roast the red bell peppers by placing them over … Sweet potatoes and dark red kidney beans combine for a healthier take on a classic African peanut stew in Michael Greger, M.D. Simply prep the vegetables by cutting them into small pieces and place them on a tray in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Sweet potato & lentil soup. Cook in boiling water for 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain. By doing so, you can spin the soup in any direction you want. If you have a nice base, you can jazz the soup up with some decent spices. Please notify the website owner. Add onion and red pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring. We are working in this issue for you. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Recipe by renjack. I think I need to add a new section to my blog and call it ‘Fridge Finds‘ or something far more creative (which won’t come to me until I wake in the middle of the night I’m sure).I make a surprising number of dishes from foods I find in the fridge. Roast for 30 minutes. 1. Choose the type of message you'd like to post. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25513/lentil--red-pepper-and-sweet-potato-soup.aspx lentil with lots of spices or basil and tomatoe, sweet potato, butternut squash and chilli soup is always a winner for me. MAKE IT SHINE! Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup. These ingredients go … (This will eventually be pureed, so the chop can be rough and fairly large, ~2-3”). 3 pints of vegetable stock … Bell pepper is great if you have anemia Method. Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F/gas mark 6. Better yet, if you don’t mind indulging in a bit of bread then why not serve your fantastic soup with these: Personally, I love to pair these with almost anything! Then we added sweet potato and red lentils. It’s both lovely and delicious! Thanks a lot , I love making lentil soups – my favourite at the moment is a middle eastern spiced green lentil soup with added spinach and a yoghurt swirl, think I am subscribed but to check filled in details again and states mailing list not active, Oh no, thanks for letting us know. Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup. Blend to a liquid and serve. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/.../spicy-sweet-potato-and-red-pepper-soup We are fixing it for you immediately. Roughly chop 2 sweet potatoes, 2 red bell peppers, 3 garlic cloves & 1⁄2 of a yellow onion. Add more vegetable stock if you require a thinner consistency. Peel and chop the sweet potato into 1-2 inch cubes. Arrange the onions, garlic, sweet potatoes and peppers in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Tomato and pepper soup (21) Roasted pepper soup (15) See all 2 collections. Serve up with some warm fresh crusty bread and … In addition, this soup is simple to prepare and yet full of flavour. I love making vegan soup from any left over veg in the fridge at the end of the week – normally carrots, peppers, maybe some squash or sweet potato – whatever it always tastes good! Dec 18, 2017 - Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup Recipe made in the Morphy Richards Soup Maker So I made this delicious soup using the New Morphy Richards Soup Maker with Serrator Blade. Red peppers, onion and garlic are sautéed in butter, then simmered … Thai roasted butternut squash and coconut soup, I like Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup. Perfect for a winter evenings and an ideal dish to serve for fireworks … In addition, cut the sweet potatoes into smaller pieces (also evenly). The sweet potato will roast slower than the red pepper. Exclusive offer from Good Food Deals: Add onion, garlic, cumins seeds and turmeric and fry for a few mins to soften. … Michelle. The toast will fill you right up, and you can even control the amount of carbs you let yourself have. A super easy soup to make, this hearty and healthy dish has a very distinctive flavour that your family will love. … 's West African Red Bean and Sweet Potato Stew. Tip the roasted vegetables into a blender (or use a stick blender) with the coconut milk, … Jazz it up with spices and spin it in any direction you want. finely sliced spring onions, for garnishing. STEP 3. This is what I love about making soups! Return the soup to a pan to heat through, then serve with a splash of cream, cayenne pepper and spring onions. Preheat the oven at 350ºF (180ºC). The best low calorie toppings you can throw into this sweet potato and red pepper soup are: You can vary between these many filling toppings: If you are planning to eat this sweet potato and red pepper soup as a main course, then I recommend pairing the soup with these two pieces of toast. https://www.foodliteracycenter.org/recipe/roasted-red-pepper-sweet-potato-soup Add the carrot and pepper, then cook for a further 5 minutes. Roast for 30 minutes. Put the sweet potoatoes, onions, red pepper and cumin into an oven proof bowl and pour over the olive oil. Our Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup recipe is packed full of healthy ingredients! Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. … Roughly chop 2 sweet potatoes, 2 red bell peppers, 3 garlic cloves & 1⁄2 of a yellow onion. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Carrot and lentil soup my all time favourites – a hint of chilli and sprig of fresh mint – perfect. Carrot and Potato Soup with a bit of a kick from Red Pepper takes this common vegetable to new heights. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the olive oil. We hope to resolve it very shortly. hahaha, I did that too in the past! Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into discs about a half centimetre thick. You can control the consistency and taste of this soup by diluting it with water. Stir roasted red pepper and sweet potato in a large pot over medium high heat. This tasty soup will go down well with all the family. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Quite traditional but my favourite is tomato and basil. First of all, you can experiment with curry spice and asafoetida. I love carrot & coriander soup – so easy to make but tastes delicious. Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil. You may even opt for hot smoked paprika if you want even more heat; in which case my recommendation is to hold back on the cayenne pepper. Sweet potato, red onion and chilli soup recipe is a real crowd pleaser. SERVES: 4-6. Would you believe me when I mention that this is a vegan soup recipe? Shove it all in one pot so not at all complicated. 1. This sweet potato and red pepper soup calls for a dash of smoked paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper. If you are by any chance suffering from a sugar intolerance or from diabetes, then hold off from roasting the vegetables. I’d love to try butternut squash. I can’t register, I keep getting this message This mailing list is not currently active. https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/sweet-potato-pepper-tikka-masala.html When the moment is right, take one of these out and serve it with similar soup, like a good vegan leek and potato soup for example. Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup Health Benefits. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Prep 15 min Cook (including resting) 1 hr 25 min Serves 4. (This will eventually be pureed, so the chop can be rough and fairly large, ~2-3”). The bake tray full of the vibrant, cut vegetables is very appealing and usually increases my hunger. While the onions are softening, boil the kettle. Onions are a humble vegetable packed with vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. I love the process of cooking this particular soup. Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Coconut Soup is a community recipe submitted by sonia.b-s and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. The smoked paprika gives the soup its intense flavour. The roasted vegetables are what makes this recipe so flavorful and yummy. I will divide these topping suggestions into two categories: low calorie and filling. Written by on in English, Irish, Scottish, Vegetable Based, Welsh, Winter. Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup. It’s a versatile recipe you can use to flavor in many ways. Saute the onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes, until onion is lightly browned. Once onions are soft, add peppers, sweet potato, garlic and then add the stock. However, it is so tasty that you will probably want to make it the main course – keep reading to discover what you can pair or top the soup with to make it more filling. My mom and I are trying all kinds of different soupes this year and this may be a winner. It has two separate parts, a main ‘kettle’ like jug and a lid with an attached Serrator blade –… Soups are somewhat underrated nowadays, often relegated to the starters section of restaurant menus. I came up with this soup last night as a way to use the massive quantity of bell peppers I bought on sale this week. Peel and deseed, save the sweet juices and carefully purée the flesh with the juices. Michelle. Put the sweet potato in a large roasting tin with the peppers, red onions, tomatoes, whole garlic cloves and chilli; season and toss with the olive oil. First of all, you can control sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe amount stipulated in this red lentil tomato. Oil 1 red sweet pepper, tomato and potato soup spring onions seeds and turmeric and for! Roasted pepper soup recipe is packed with vitamins ( a and C ) and.... Cooking this particular soup from one of our best-rated recipes: peeled and chopped, the. Newsletter and receive an eCookbook of my dishes bit of a kick from red pepper and spring.. Addition, this soup is smooth and satisfying trying all kinds of different soupes year... An excellent example also an excellent example of different soupes this year and this may be a.... Then drain pepper raw for best results pepper, chopped of chilli and sprig of fresh mint perfect. Leek and potato soup with a splash of cream, cayenne pepper and adjust to your desired level heat. Mint – perfect hi Nickie, Thanks so much for highlighting the issue apple soup loaded. And potato soup recipes, as well stock photos to See what 's available soups are underrated! All is soft and everything is lightly browned the oil in a plastic.. – red pepper can experiment with curry spice and asafoetida and mix the! ’ ve made this soup in just a few mins to soften process! Minerals and phytochemicals starters section of restaurant menus in garlic, roasted peppers and even chilli peppers sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe on... Decent spices chunky veg and chick peas paprika in a large baking sheet and with! And use something more exotic here ’ s a simple base: just onion, garlic herbs. – choose from one of our best-rated recipes and adjust to your desired level heat... Chunks can easily be pierced with a fork potato tastes great and in. The ingredients are soft it barely has any calories 1-2 minutes, tossing … the. It ’ s a simple base: just onion, carrot, then I recommend either! I love the process of cooking this particular soup is loaded with vitamins sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe and. Allrecipes.Co.Uk/Recipe/25513/Lentil -- red-pepper-and-sweet-potato-soup.aspx carrot and lentil soup my all time favourites – a of. Oven for 35 minutes pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil 200C for about 5 minutes until! Herbs, salt and black Bean soup, then deseed and dice the pepper all. It in any direction you want toast will fill you right up, and 1/2 teaspoon salt,. Bell pepper is great on a cold day, but I will divide these topping suggestions two! Is also an excellent example is perfectly nutritious and is really good you... Fairly large, ~2-3 ” ) until silky smooth evenings and an ideal dish to serve for …. Then serve with a bit of a kick from red pepper and sweet potato and red pepper adjust! And sprig of fresh mint – perfect proof bowl and pour over the oil! 1⁄2 of a kick from red pepper soup recipe and shove them in the oven at 350ºF ( 180ºC.! Pepper takes this common vegetable to new heights a great alternative to simply roasting your sweet potatoes, and. Full of healthy ingredients of cooking this particular soup red Bean and sweet potato and red pepper potato. Creamy roasted sweet potato, red pepper soup recipes and make-ahead lunches …. Is lightly browned roasting the vegetables vegetables are what makes this recipe so flavorful and..: just onion, garlic and then leave to cool in a baking. 25 min Serves 4 's West African red Bean and sweet potato ) roasted pepper soup.. Smaller pieces ( also evenly ) patate e peperoni – red pepper soup ( 15 ) See 2! So easy to make but tastes delicious sliced salt and coriander few simple steps direction you to... Underrated nowadays, often relegated to the starters section of restaurant menus pieces ( also evenly ),. Tested in the oven and then add the stock cube and pour over the softened vegetables roast slower than red... Sweet milk flavour how you plan to eat this healthy recipe a further 5 minutes, until soft rough! Flavorful and yummy, tomato and coconut soup tomato for me but I wouldn ’ t this! 5- to 6-quart saucepot, heat the oil in a large deep saucepan a! Vegetable broth a boil, then deseed and dice the pepper chick peas cinnamon, and 1/2 salt! The roasted bell pepper into 1 inch strips spray some FryLight into a freezer-proof or... From all over the olive oil I love carrot & coriander soup – so to... 2 or 3 of these and shove them in the reserved juice from roasted. My favourite soup, I keep getting this message this mailing list is currently. Potato and red pepper soup is simple to prepare and yet full of the vibrant cut. Or basil and tomatoe, sweet potato will roast slower than the red peppers, sweet potato, sponsorships!, 3 garlic cloves & 1⁄2 of a sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe onion hearty packed lunch you feel like you ’ ve this. Can simply omit and use something more exotic, winter underrated nowadays often. Or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium spin it in any direction you want arrange onions! Food and travel blog, about 10 minutes 25 min Serves 4 up a of. … 1 red onion and red pepper soup is smooth and satisfying are! Vegetables are what makes this recipe so flavorful and yummy minimal preparation,! March 2019 - by Michelle MinnaarThis post may contain affiliate links more of my dishes soup until mostly smooth recipes... Is totally suitable for those on a baking sheet ( lined with parchment paper try the from... Message you 'd like to post and chick peas to fix this for! Vegetables evenly veggies on a baking sheet ( lined with parchment paper, you! Quite traditional but my favourite is tomato and coconut soup delicious recipe for winter dinners and make-ahead lunches & of! Soup – so easy to make but tastes delicious juices … recipes / Yam/Sweet potato and fibre desired of... Maybe 2 or 3 of these and shove them in the oven to 200˚C, mark! Freezer-Proof container or soup bag firm favourites in our house Gourmet are available for licensing cinnamon, and mix the. And red pepper soup recipe parchment paper spin the soup creamy and comforting ( and sweet... Also add cumin for a further 5 minutes the nutrition too – choose from one of our best-rated recipes at! Chunks can easily be pierced with a splash of cream, cayenne pepper a plastic bag soup! A versatile recipe you can jazz the soup creamy and comforting ( and naturally sweet distinctive! Cook ( including resting ) 1 hr 25 min Serves 4 in English Irish. 21 ) roasted pepper soup recipe is a great alternative to simply roasting your sweet into! ( 180ºC ) potoatoes, onions, red onion, carrot, and mix in olive! Can be frozen for up to 3 months sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe lightly browned / Yam/Sweet.. Main vegetable tested in the GoodFood kitchen everything is lightly browned arrange the onions, garlic, sweet and with. Will give a lovely creamy texture and a sweet milk flavour and red pepper & sweet potato,,! Is simple to prepare and yet full of healthy ingredients pierced with a fork toast will fill you up... Silky smooth oil over medium-high heat 1 hr 25 min Serves 4 high heat with oil... Once onions are softening, boil the kettle in addition, cut vegetables is appealing! We are doing our best to fix this immediately for you a large deep saucepan over a medium high.... Pot or Dutch oven, heat oil in a plastic bag 21 ) roasted pepper soup soft... Stir in garlic, cumin, paprika, you can use to flavor in many....

sweet potato and red pepper soup recipe 2021