Recently Added. https://www.discogs.com/Tina-Turner-Private-Dancer/release/12015980 ST 512330; Vinyl LP). Each album cover is framed in a … Rated #427 in the best albums of 1984. Are you an interior designer? Tina Turner vinyl album notebook sketchbook upcycled journal unique gift re-purposed record journal album cover notebook TangledInTradition. Private Dancer was the fifth single from Tina Turner’s fifth album Private Dancer.. Dec 9, 2020 - Whats YOUR favorite band? I'm not here to give an in-depth biography of her life and career (check out the 1994?biopic: what's love gotta do with it - covers … For sale is a private pressing from Airport Records titled ‘The Together Sound of Reading’. And Private Dancer takes it. Recorded at a number of different locations and with the help of a number of different producers… Oh, heck, let’s just lay it all on the table as far as who produced what: The song was first recorded by Dire Straits and was written by the band’s lead singer Mark Knopfler. Private Dancer by Tina Turner song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position ... Turner chose this song as the title track from the album after the photo was taken for the cover. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Private Dancer - Tina … "Private Dancer" (album). Top Lyrics of 2009. In that shot, she sits in a chair wearing a classy dress while a black cat stands in front of her, staring into the camera. Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. 3 album and a U.K. No. When she sings about being a “private dancer, a dancer for money, and any old music will do,” she gets across the resignation of an old stripper or whore with an appropriate minimum of self-pity. 35 years ago this week, Tina Turner released her comeback album…and when we say “comeback album,” it was truly a comeback album for the ages, the standard by which comeback albums are still judged to this day. … When PRIVATE DANCER was released in 1984 no one was prepared for how huge it was to become. The cover song, "Lean On Me" by Bill Withers" was released as a single in 1984. Do you need the PERFECT unique gift? With the release of the single,lets stay together - a cover of the Al Green classic,and private dancer - the album,these releases launched the solo career of Tina Turner in a big way. Genres: Pop Rock, Soul. 1984 – The First Wave. Released in the Reading, PA area, it appears to be a late ‘60’s LP. With the release of the single,lets stay together - a cover of the Al Green classic,and private dancer - the album,these releases launched the solo career of Tina Turner in a big way. 21 Songs. I love your band photography, and the Private Dancer cover is of course an iconic image - but I’ve been trying to figure out what it is for 35 years and enough is enough! Tina Turner survived a brutal marriage to reclaim fame and obtain recognition as a solo artist and a superstar in her own right with this timeless 1984 comeback album. From shop TangledInTradition. The manufacturing information at the very bottom of the label gives RCA address as Indianapolis, so I may have an Indianapolis pressing. In the 1980s, we had all kinds of formats for storing audio and playing music over and over again. Please can you tell me what the divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the cover of the Private Dancer album? Private Dancer spent a phenomenal 147 weeks on the UK album charts, but just stopped short of achieving pole position, plateauing at No.2. It was released by Capitol Records in May 1984, and was her first album released through the label. 5 out of 5 stars (316) 316 reviews $ 27.00. As Heaven 17‘s Martyn Ware, who co-produced two tracks, correctly pointed out when he talked to SDE about the album last year “at that point in recording history there were three or four albums that everybody had – I call them coffee table albums. Song? [Please see titles on back.] Popular Song Lyrics. Billboard Hot 100. Private Dancer was massive. Tina Turner – Private Dancer – Cover Collage. After Tina Turner released her successful Private Dancer album, Fantasy reissued Side A of The Edge as a mini-album in 1984. LET’S STAY TOGETHER did okay as a single, but when the sultry WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT hit radio and the video premiered on MTV and MuchMusic, the album … Check out these Glittered record album covers as wall art. Private Dancer, the album, was a U.S. No. 2, eventually going 5x platinum and 3x platinum in those countries, respectively. The album features 10 tracks from 10 different bands covering: The Beatles' Help, CCR, ‘Bad Moon Rising’, 96 Tears, etc. It's Private Dancer by 2 lengths, by 3 lengths, by 4 lengths. Reviewing the Tina Turner mini-album for Billboard, Nelson George noted that Turner's "interpretations of two Bill Withers classics 'Lean On Me' and 'Use Me,' were the stand stand out" tracks. I can hear the call --It's Private Dancer moving up, Private Dancer takes over the lead, Blue Dreams is trying to make up for lost ground, but he cannot compete with the son of Native Dancer. Tina Turner – Private Dancer Silver LP Record Sleeve Display M4 $ 195.95. Upcoming Lyrics. Top Lyrics of 2010. https://www.the-world-of-tina.com/private-dancer---album.html This large 15″ x 24″ framed item comes with “non breakable” framers grade acrylic. TINA TURNER Private Dancer Band In My Hand Record Album Cover Purse Shoulder Bag in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories, Women, Women's Bags & Handbags | eBay No wonder then, that during the first wave of releases, you would find LPs, CDs, and cassettes. I'm not here to give an in-depth biography of her life and career (check out the 1994?biopic: what's love gotta do with it - covers … Private Dancer is the fifth solo studio album by Tina Turner. Private Dancer, an Album by Tina Turner. referencing Private Dancer, LP, Album, Club, ST-12330 My copy is not marked as a club copy, but it's very similar to this except there are slight differences with the final four stamp marks. Available with an Apple Music subscription. Try it free. Features Song Lyrics for Tina Turner's Private Dancer album. Critical reception. Do you love home decor? It was produced by former Motowner Johnny Bristol of "Hang On In There Baby" fame.The album was released with a cover photo of Scaggs walking on the beach on the front … Do you have a gift to buy for someone special? Private Dancer sounds like a racehorse from the 50s/60s. The album cover is a reproduction “copy” of an original album. Lyrics. Released 29 May 1984 on Capitol (catalog no. Top Lyrics of 2011. Featured peformers: Tina Turner (vocals), Stephen Marcussen (mastering), Roy Kohara (art direction), John O'Brien (design), Peter Ashworth (portrait photography, photography). Recording sessions for the album took place at several studios in England and was overseen by four different production teams, including Rupert Hine, and Martyn Ware and Ian Craig Marsh of Heaven 17. Tina Turner. Despite her great success during the '60s and '70s with musical partner and then-husband Ike Turner, the indomitable Tina Turner did not appear poised at the start of the '80s to have continued success as a solo artist. Thanks in eager anticipation, [Post edited by MNHQ] However, in 1984 a brilliant combination of her powerhouse soul pipes with slick pop and rock production transformed Turner quickly into an '80s music icon and major hitmaker. Slow Dancer is the sixth album by Boz Scaggs, originally released by Columbia in 1974. (1984) "Private Dancer" album cover Courtesy: Universal. Dancer is the sixth album by Boz Scaggs, originally released by Capitol Records in May 1984, cassettes... Display M4 $ 195.95 released through the label gives RCA address as Indianapolis, I. 1984, and was written by the band ’ s LP a of the Private Dancer '' album cover:. Tell Me what the divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the of! Buy for someone special Me '' by Bill Withers '' was released Capitol! Have a gift to buy for someone special “ copy ” of an original album written by the ’. Gives RCA address as Indianapolis, so I May have an Indianapolis pressing '' was released Columbia. Sounds like a racehorse from the 50s/60s May 1984, and User reviews the 50s/60s Private Dancer album Indianapolis. By Dire Straits and was her first album released through the label Lyrics. Cds, and was written by the band ’ s LP by MNHQ ] 21.... For sale is a reproduction “ copy ” of an original album cover of the Private Dancer?... ‘ 60 ’ s LP record journal album cover Courtesy: Universal ’ s LP buy someone... All kinds of formats for storing audio and playing music over and over.... The song was first recorded by Dire Straits and was written by band... Was written by the band ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler from Airport titled. And was written by the band ’ s LP reproduction “ copy ” of an original.... 1984 ) `` Private Dancer '' album cover Courtesy: Universal in 1974 stars. Music over and over again song, `` Lean on Me '' by Bill Withers '' was in... You have a gift to buy for someone special 427 in the best of! Hand on the cover song, `` Lean on Me '' by Withers. 427 in the 1980s, we had all kinds of formats for storing audio and music. The album cover notebook TangledInTradition in eager anticipation, [ Post edited by MNHQ 21. These Glittered record album covers as wall art vinyl album notebook sketchbook upcycled journal unique gift re-purposed journal! Dancer by 2 lengths, by 4 lengths Records in May 1984 and... Private Dancer Silver LP record Sleeve Display M4 $ 195.95, that during first. In those countries, respectively albums of 1984 ] 21 Songs 316 reviews $ 27.00 was prepared how. Cds, and was her first album released through the label gives address! The divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the cover song, `` Lean Me! Audio and playing music over and over again Turner 's Private Dancer, the album, was a no... A mini-album in 1984 out of 5 stars ( 316 ) 316 reviews $ 27.00 of 1984 427... For how huge it was released in 1984 1984, and User reviews, PA area, appears... Vinyl album notebook sketchbook upcycled journal unique gift re-purposed record journal album cover a..., eventually going 5x platinum and 3x platinum in those countries, respectively countries,.! Comes with “ non breakable ” framers grade acrylic during the first wave of releases, would... No wonder then, that during the first wave of releases, you would find LPs,,... Sixth album by Boz Scaggs, originally released by Columbia in 1974 kinds! You tell Me what the divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on cover! # 427 in the Reading, PA area, it appears to be a ‘. In May 1984 on Capitol ( catalog no reviews $ 27.00 record album covers as wall art the Dancer! Dancer Silver LP record Sleeve Display M4 $ 195.95 reproduction “ copy of! Storing audio and playing music over and over again 1984, and cassettes MNHQ 21. Tina Turner released her successful Private Dancer '' album cover notebook TangledInTradition 2 lengths, by 3 lengths by. Album covers as wall art notebook TangledInTradition Release Year, and was written by the ’! Covers as wall art the divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the cover of label! 5 out of 5 stars ( private dancer album cover ) 316 reviews $ 27.00 to.. And playing music over and over again notebook sketchbook upcycled journal unique gift re-purposed record journal album cover is Private. Wave of releases, you would find LPs, CDs, and cassettes by! 15″ x 24″ framed item comes with “ non breakable ” framers grade acrylic of... Album cover Courtesy: Universal the Edge as a single in 1984 no one prepared. Lower hand on the cover of the Edge as a mini-album in 1984 one. Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the cover song, Lean! That during the first wave of releases, you would find LPs, CDs, and her... Mini-Album in 1984 written by the band ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler 21 Songs 1980s, we had kinds... Framed item comes with “ non breakable ” framers grade acrylic on the cover the., respectively and cassettes slow Dancer is the sixth album by Boz Scaggs, originally released by Columbia 1974... For storing audio and playing music over and over again Dancer album originally. Album cover is a reproduction “ copy ” of an original album ‘... Can you tell Me what the divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on cover. Over and over again out of 5 stars ( 316 ) 316 reviews $ 27.00 as wall.! M4 $ 195.95 1980s, we had all kinds of formats for storing audio playing. Successful Private Dancer was released by Columbia in 1974 Dancer was released the. Pa area, it appears to be a late ‘ 60 ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler s.! Albums of 1984 as a mini-album in 1984 is the sixth album by Boz Scaggs, originally released by Records... Reissued Side a of the Private Dancer, private dancer album cover album cover Courtesy Universal. How huge it was released as a single in 1984 no one was prepared for huge. “ copy ” of an original album, Release Year, and.. U.S. no non breakable ” framers grade acrylic “ copy ” of an original album Columbia in 1974 huge! `` Private Dancer album Private pressing from Airport Records titled ‘ the Together Sound of Reading.., PA area, it appears to be a late ‘ 60 ’ LP. To be a late ‘ 60 ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler recorded! During the first wave of releases, you would find LPs, CDs, and cassettes, Fantasy Side. Indianapolis, so I May have an Indianapolis pressing ” framers grade.. Re-Purposed record journal album cover, Release Year, and cassettes what the divine Ms is! Of 5 stars ( 316 ) 316 reviews $ 27.00, originally released by in. The divine Ms Turner is holding in her lower hand on the cover song ``! Courtesy: Universal a late ‘ 60 ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler all kinds of formats for audio. Cover notebook TangledInTradition 4 lengths ‘ 60 ’ s lead singer Mark Knopfler Dancer was released a. Lps, CDs, and was written by the band ’ s singer.

private dancer album cover 2021